The R E Olds Museum is looking to hire a Giftshop/Office Manager
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Experience is required in all related areas.
Job Purpose: Supports the Museum by maintaining giftshop and office operations.
Job Duties: Works directly under the Operations Manager
Duties and responsibilities shall include:
- The opening and closing the Museum.
- They shall handle all admissions and gift shop sales, keeping needed records of admission and sales.
- They shall be responsible for all giftshop operations including dealing with suppliers.
- The proper handing and recording of information regarding multiple Museum programs.
- Answering the phone. Providing correct information or directing to correct person.
- Handling both email and regular mail.
- Arrange meetings, tours, and Museum rentals. Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Assist the volunteers as needed.
- Manage the Museums membership program.
The Museum is currently open Tuesday thru Saturday 10 am till 5:00 pm and there are occasional, out of normal hours, special events where you would be asked to work
Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Managing Processes, (Proficiency in Excel and Word most be proven) Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Attention to detail is a must. Applicants need to be self motivators who are able to find work that needs to be done. There are opportunities to take on even more responsibilities and advance into a Museum Manager position.
Pay: Starts at $15 an hour but final rate will be determined by experience. Museum membership and giftshop discounts are part of the pay package. There is a minimum of a 90-day probation period. Time off and paid vacation available after one year. Educational tuition assistance could be possible after one year for courses within the museum management field.apply now
Take your place in history…
Join the R. E. Olds Transportation Museum and help keep history rolling. Enjoy the benefits of membership and the pride of preserving automotive heritage.