The R E Olds Museum is looking to hire a Weekday Cashier
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Experience desired in any related areas.
Weekday Cashier Job Purpose: Supports the Museum by maintaining cashier and office operations
Weekday Cashier Job Duties: Works directly under the Executive Director
- Duties and responsibilities of the Cashier shall include:
- The opening and closing the Museum when the Director is unavailable to do so.
- They shall handle all admissions and gift shop sales. Provide general support to visitors. Keep needed records of admission and sales.
- They shall be responsible for the cleaning and restocking of the giftshop.
- The proper handing and recording of information regarding multiple Museum programs.
- Answering the phone. Providing correct information or directing to correct person.
- Handling both email and regular mail.
- Cleaning of the office area (neat and organized – light dusting and sanitizing)
- Work with the Director to arrange meetings, tours, and Museum rentals. Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Assist the volunteers as needed
- Work with the Operations Manager to handle Museum programs.
The cashier shall report to work at the Museum facility Tuesday thru Friday 10 am till 5:00 pm. or as directed otherwise by the Director. The person is expected to attend any Museum functions where appropriate and is welcome to attend Board meetings.
Skills/Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Managing Processes, Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Take your place in history…
Join the R. E. Olds Transportation Museum and help keep history rolling. Enjoy the benefits of membership and the pride of preserving automotive heritage.